Change Recruitment are delighted to be working in partnership with BR-DGE in their search to appoint an experienced CFO.
BR-DGE is an award winning, innovative and disruptive SaaS business which provides payment orchestration for enterprises who want to exploit the potential of existing and emergent digital payment services to place payments firmly under merchant control.
BR-DGE offers merchants total flexibility, efficiency, and control around which payments system they use; automatically and instantly switching between providers to minimise cost, avoid adverse system outages and facilitate new business opportunities.
Following recent investment, BR-DGE are about to embark on an exciting period of growth as they move to become a leading player within the field of payment orchestration. As such, to support this growth, there is now a pressing need to appoint an experienced Chief Financial Officer.
The Role: Chief Financial Officer
As CFO, you will be a key member of the executive management team, sitting on the Board and reporting to the CEO, who you will work closely with on all commercial and financial activities, actively participating and driving the delivery of the Company’s strategy in line with the organisation’s vision, mission and objectives.
The next 12-18mths will be a particularly interesting and pivotal period for the business as they look to secure Series A funding, whilst centring their focus towards international growth, most notably within the US.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Taking full ownership of the ongoing preparation and maintenance of the Company’ Business Plan, its Financial Model and report against delivery milestones.
- Supporting the CEO with the preparation, implementation and reporting of corporate strategy, the budgeting process and progress against monthly and annual financial plans.
- Providing all necessary commercial and financial support and challenge to the CEO in the delivery of the Company’s objectives and the negotiation of customer and supplier contracts.
- Coordinating, executing and where necessary presenting in relation to all ongoing fundraising processes i.e. (i) external grants , (ii) equity and (iii) external debt.
- Build and maintain an appropriate system of financial controls, record keeping and accounting procedures that support the monthly, quarterly and annual reporting cycles. Including all statutory reporting obligations.
- Deliver transparency over the Company’s financial performance both current and forecast to the Board on a timely basis.
- Provide commercial advice on how to increase revenue and reduce costs, whilst maximising operational effectiveness within the Company.
- Effectively and clearly communicate potential risks and opportunities facing the Company in a timely manner.
- Propose action plans to ensure that annual financial objectives are attained.
- Coordinate and produce all tax documentation, ensuring the appropriate maintenance of all necessary records and submit the relevant tax returns as required.
In order to provide optimum expertise and challenge to the business at this time, you will be an experienced CFO who has worked for an early stage start-up and will have experienced the challenges and pitfalls involved at this stage of a Company’s growth. Although not essential, it would certainly be viewed as being highly advantageous if the successfully appointed CFO were to have experience of working in a similar SaaS environment.
Aside though, you will come with considerable experience and expertise in the following key areas:
- Previous start-up experience
- Scale and growth on an international level
- Fundraising (equity & debt)
- Investor relations
- Previous transaction / exit experience
What is equally important is that you will come with energy, drive and the enthusiasm that’s required to push and support the business to the next level. The next 12-18mths will clearly be exciting and highly rewarding, but during such growth will also come with its’ own challenges and it’s here that there will be a need for absolute drive and commitment, that will allow for the Company’s growth ambitions to be fully realised.
For further information and a more detailed conversation on this appointment, please contact Ross Gunn or to apply for the role then please click here to be taken to the vacancy.