Change Recruitment are delighted to be working in partnership with Scott Group, as they look to appoint an experienced Group Financial Controller to their Halbeath Head Office.
The Scott Group is a leading industrial supplies organisation which provides a wide range of goods and services to industrial and manufacturing markets. A family-owned business with sites across the UK and Europe. Founded in 1987, Scott Group has grown considerably over the past 30 years through numerous acquisitions and organic growth across the UK and into Europe, and today employ over 1,000 staff. The business continues to go from strength to strength and even with all the challenges that this year has thrown, have had another exceptional year, which has included 2 further acquisitions, with revenue now exceeding pre COVID levels and turnover sitting at circa. £180m.
The opening has been created on the back of an internal promotion and is geared towards those who are 5yrs PQE, technically strong, and commercially minded. Reporting direct to the Group Finance Director, the role requires not only a driven and career minded individual, but also someone with an exceptional work ethic, who will lead by example on all fronts.
The successful candidate will also be able to demonstrate the following:
- Lead, coach & develop the Group Finance team to deliver effective and efficient support
- Understand the Group & Business strategic financial goals, aligning team activity to support delivery and performance improvement, so that optimal value is being added
- Design & delivery of Group financial timetable, for reporting requirements, to ensure the accurate and timely provision of data
- Manage and continuously improve Group Treasury function to ensure accurate forecasting and efficient team processes and ABLA facilities operate effectively
- Manage and continuously improve the Group reporting, providing assurance and compliance on the financials being provided from the business units
- Ensure that timely, accurate information is generated to inform the Board and support business decisions. Including but not restricted to:
- Management accounts
- Balance sheets reviews
- Credit risk reviews
- Flash reporting
- Management and compliance of the centralised external reporting including statutory accounts, banking, VAT, ONS and other adhoc requests
- Liaise with external bodies, ensuring effective relationships are built to facilitate the best outcome for the business: Statutory, Banking, HMRC Auditors, Divisional FC, Tax advisors and Insurance brokers
- Support Group acquisition strategy by carrying out: analytical reviews of adhoc & competitor businesses for potential acquisition, and in-house due diligence & review of completion accounts
- Documenting & delivery of key Group controls & design of internal process review to ensure consistency across business units
- Deputise for the Group Finance Director where appropriate
Requirements / Experience:
- Minimum 2 -3 years’ experience at a Finance Manager / Controller level
- Fully qualified, 5yrs PQE (CA, ACCA or CIMA)
- Exposure to operations in industry i.e. commercial, trading, manufacturing
- Ideally have experience working with multiple sites and multi-business unit structures
- Experience in managing Group annual statutory audit and corporation tax process
- Directly liaising with Audit Partner/Director and Managers, leading the Group audit and tax process from planning to completion
- Experience of coordinating and managing non-accounting Group compliance and reporting such as VAT, PAYE, Intrastat, National Statistics etc.
- Able to work on current ERP & IT systems and will possess advanced Excel skills
In terms of the ideal candidate, there are two lines of thought in terms of the background you will be coming from. You could be currently working in Practice where you would be expected to be operating at a Manager level, or you could already be working in Industry. Both profiles will be considered, but I would stress that there is a need within the role to be technically strong and it would be fair to say that those coming from a Practice background would be viewed favourably.
You will be:
- An experienced people leader, with the ability to work collaboratively
- An excellent communicator both verbally and written
- Able to relate at all levels, including from Board level to shop floor
- Able to constructively challenge assumptions and help drive through changes
- Confident with a solution oriented & continuous improvement approach
- Be tenacious and resilient with a willingness to develop within a dynamic environment
The Recruitment Process:
All applications (direct and non-direct) will be managed by Ross Gunn at Change Recruitment, who will be conducting initial 1st round interviews, before submitting a final short-list to Scott Group on the week commencing 18th January. We would therefore ask that interested parties get in touch with Ross at the earliest opportunity.
If you have the above experience and would like to apply for the role then please click here to be taken to the vacancy