Change Financial Services are working with our client to recruit a number of Assistant Finance Managers. Covering elements of MI Reporting, Month End Close and Ledger Control, the posts are an ideal opportunity to make a first move from practice or in to financial services, using skills gained in different sectors.
Core duties of the role will involve performing a range of analysis to understand movements and analysis of balance sheet movements for a range of business units and products, reporting these on a monthly basis and partnering with stakeholders to discuss and add context to them.
Interpersonal skills are a must and being able to analyse complex data sets using excel.
Core duties of the role will include;
- Creating commentary and analysis to help the business report on and understand an evolving cost base
- Responsible for month end analysis of balance sheet and general ledger movements
- Developing an understanding for a range of financial services products and the commercial accounting for these
- Performing various reconciliations using excel to filter and sort data
- Calculation and posting of journals to the general ledger
- Assisting in the budgeting and forecast process for the business
- Review of adjustments and working with the business, holding discussions and presenting findings to senior stakeholders
- Confident being proactive in analysis and identification of issues, taking these to relevant parties as required
- Engaged in process improvement projects as required
Applicants will be able to demonstrate working and taking a key role in month end close activity, proactively working with the business and being able to spot trends and having the tenacity to follow up independently on discrepancies they find.
Open to being at differing stages of your qualification the client will consider a part qualified, QBE or recently qualified accountant, the option to complete their studies with the business and develop a real career within the business will be available.
In return the applicant will be able to show transferable skills gained in a financial services firm already or from a business with a complex balance sheet which has involved both UK and overseas entities. The client also offers hybrid working which typically is 2/3 days in the office.
Salary: £30,000 - £50,000 + Benefits package