As one of the world's largest networks of audit, tax and consulting firms, my client delivers big ideas and premium service to help middle-market businesses thrive.
They are a fast-growing firm with big ambitions – they have a clear goal to become the premium adviser to the middle market, globally.
This vision touches everything they do, motivating and inspiring them to become better every day.
If you are looking for a firm where you can build a future and make an impact, then this is the place for you.
About the Department
Part of an international network, the UK has over 3500 staff based in 33 offices across the UK. They are the 7th largest accountancy and business advisory firm nationally and the 6th largest internationally. There has never been a more exciting time to pursue or continue a career in Audit. Audit is their largest service line nationally, and is growing rapidly and with that growth comes an opportunity to develop your skills and technical knowledge with the leader of the middle market
They provide comprehensive Audit services to clients ranging from OMBs, through to large listed PLCs. This role sits within the core Audit Department however, due to the unprecedented growth, they are currently looking for talent to specialise or part-specialise in various sectors. They have a culture of transparency and supportiveness, and remain people focused, and also care about your development.
Within Audit, they promote from within wherever possible, listen to your career goals and aspirations and support you in your short-term and long-term goals.
About the Job
You will manage a portfolio of clients, and will lead and develop members of the Audit team. As a key leadership figure within the Department, you will work closely with Directors and Partners. Other areas of the role include:
• The opportunity to lead on training Supervisors and junior members of the team
• Ensuring assignments are completed in accordance with the firm's standard procedures and confirming arrangements with the client and other internal departments, including likely costs and billing arrangements.
• Ensure assurance quality at all times and compliance with the firm's procedures
• Brief and oversee staff on assignments, providing on the job training as required, liaising with senior client staff to ensure the assignment is completed as per the agreed terms
• Identify and resolve key audit matters and contentious items, in consultation with the client, Director/Partner and national technical team as appropriate
• Attend and present at client audit committee and board meetings
• Assist directors and partners with involvement in sector based business development including attending and participating in major events including participation in scoping and pitching
• Extensive internal training program directed by a specialist team, including relevant training for key service lines, industries and responsibilities, providing significant CPD opportunities with the opportunity to participate in dedicated sector team training
• Regular provision and discussion of feedback to assist in progression
• Participate actively in recruitment and line management, and relevant team meetings
• Participation in Real Estate and Construction organisations that they partner with
• Internal and international secondment opportunities
• Internal office and regional team events
Do you enjoy leading teams and helping others to develop and grow? Do you have proven audit experience specialising within the Real Estate & Construction sector? Do you want to work closely with your portfolio of clients, building lasting relationships which allow you to make a real contribution? Do you want to continue to progress your career in a firm with genuine progression opportunities at the senior level? Their culture is their greatest strength, and as a Manager they will support your development in both the technical and leadership skills required to continue to progress in your career.
• Candidates must be ACA or ACCA qualified or equivalent
• Proven experience in client handling
• Proven Audit experience in producing high quality audits
Diversity and Inclusion
They want to create a strong sense of belonging so that people of all identities, backgrounds, and cultures feel they can bring their true self to work.
Their clients come from all walks of life. They aim to achieve that same diversity of background, experience and perspective in our own teams, so that we can genuinely understand our client's needs. Diverse teams bring a broader range of ideas and insights to work. That's why they are working together to ensure our firm's principles and processes support a firm culture that embraces difference and strengthens inclusion. They work hard to create an environment where people can make a difference - to themselves, their career, their teams, and to the success of the firm and clients. They support all their people to work flexibly, to manage their family and other responsibilities alongside their work commitments; and believe this is key to achieving an inspiring and fulfilling working environment.
UK RTW is Mandatory
Please reach out to me - firstname.lastname@example.org for a confidential chat