Change Public Practice are proud to be partnered with one of Scotland's top accountancy firms to recruit a new and exciting Business Advisory Manager or Senior Manager position to join their well-established and growing team. This unique role can be based in either their Edinburgh or Glasgow office (which is fully flexible) but can be almost remote with one dedicated day in the office each quarter.
The role of an Accountant has changed and this client is leading their Business Advisory team in a new strategic direction, focusing on their advisory offering to their clients and have continued to strengthen the varied & enviable client base in the last 2 years. With such a refreshing outlook on their approach to accounting services, it is clear how passionate my client is about growing and developing future talent, having heavily invested in their people, and by ensuring that the experience on offer is unmatched. Taking a step away from year-end compliance across all levels, the team are much more client facing and you will be responsible for a portfolio of clients to advise throughout the year, as well as oversee Senior Associates and Associate colleagues.
My client is currently recruiting ambitious and forward thinking Qualified or Qualified by Experience Accountants, and the role can be tailored to your experience and career goals. The Partners are keen to hire those who will inspire and bring new ideas to the team, be able to operate at a high level and make informed decisions. As such, they will be open to different backgrounds (including accounting & business advisory, industry returners and those who have trained in audit) with an emphasis on the soft skills and team fit.
One thing which is certain, is that you will be supported immensely from the wider team, gaining great exposure to clients and advisory work and will be part of a firm that is centred around their clients and employees.
Responsibilities in this role will include, but not be limited to:
· Managing and servicing your own portfolio of clients (workflow, budgets, etc) by communicating effectively, ensuring deadlines are met
· Working alongside clients to solve key accounting and commercial issues
· Act as an extension of the firm - to represent the business when speaking to clients and other key stakeholders – and to business develop
· Coaching and managing team members, building careers and technical skills to effectively contribute client deliverables and team success
· Communicate with colleagues, including senior leadership team, across all departments to provide support
· Being present in the market and creating opportunities to build relationships across a broad range of stakeholders
To be considered for this role:
· You will be a Qualified Accountant (CA/ACA) or Qualified by Experience
· Ideally you will have gained accounts experience, whilst working in Practice but individuals returning from industry will be considered as well as those trained in audit
· You will be progressive and able to think outside of the box, and be able to analyse & present information to a multitude of clients
· Have strong communication skills and be commercially savvy
· Be keen to progress your career within a supportive environment - the sky really is the limit!
· Proficient in the use of cloud based software, such as Xero
Please note, that applicants must hold full UK working rights to be considered for this position.
To discuss this role further, or other opportunities within Public Practice, please contact Johanne Smith on 0131 271 9313 or email firstname.lastname@example.org