Change Public Practice are working with a leading mid-tier Chartered Accountancy firm in Scotland to assist them in the hire of a Part-Qualified Auditor for their offices in Glasgow.
Ideally you will have a minimum of 12 months audit experience gained from a CA firm and looking to complete your training contract in a firm where you will get exposure to all areas of audit work with an enviable client base including charities, construction, property, leisure and entertainment, renewable and sustainable energy, and technology.
As the firm are looking for those who are not yet qualified to join their team, they are happy to assist in any claw back costs that bay be associated with any current qualifications contracts. As such, they are able to offer up to £4,000 to cover these fees.
This Chartered Accountancy firm is well-known for its level of training, support and development that they offer all staff members at every stage of their career. This forward-thinking business also has stunning offices in Glasgow City Centre which are bright and spacious which create a positive working environment. This firm has a real focus on retaining their members of staff and have seen brilliant success in recent years in this area.
Responsibilities will include:
· Involvement in the full Audit cycle for a number of clients across a range of sectors
· Deliver high quality work during planning, completion and execution of each assignment
· Support senior members of the team during audit engagements
· Oversee and assist junior members of the audit team when required
· Conduct substantive and controls testing for clients
· Compile information and audit findings in reports for seniors
· Conduct a number of independent examinations for not-for-profit clients
· You will currently be working towards a professional accountancy qualification i.e. ACCA / ICAS etc.
· At least 12 months audit experience gained within an accountancy firm
· Minimum of 40% spent on audit in current role
· Strong experience of audit planning and fieldwork is key
· Good working knowledge of UK GAAP, IFRS and/or SORP is highly advantageous
· Ability to work well under pressure to meet regular deadlines
Please note, you must have full UK working rights to be considered for this role and the transfer of an existing visa is unavailable at this time for the client.