Change Recruitment Group are working in partnership with CALA Homes as they look to appoint this newly created post within their Edinburgh based Finance team.
As a leading developer of premium homes and sustainable communities in affluent areas of southern England, the Midlands and Scotland, the CALA brand is highly regarded within the industry and aspirational for many homebuyers. With a customer-led focus, and building homes for those who value a premium product, they have built a strong heritage in the market for family homes.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
You will be responsible for leading the production of the Group’s statutory accounts, oversight of the accounts payable team and production of financial information for shareholders, investors, analysts and other key stakeholders.
- Leading the production of the year-end Group consolidation and preparation of consolidated and company statutory accounts using IFRS/ FRS101 Facilitating the smooth and timely completion of interim and annual external audits including planning and liaison with the Group’s auditors and audit committee
- Submission of quarterly reporting to main shareholder, Legal & General plc.
- Involvement in CALA’s transition to the consolidation upgrade being led by Legal & General Group Finance
- Production of annual and half year statutory financial information for investor and analyst presentations and separately, on an ad hoc basis for trading statements
- Providing financial oversight for the Major Projects and Strategic Land divisions, including review of monthly management accounts, payment runs and taxation compliance
- Production and reconciliation of Group short-term cash forecasts
- Ensure compliance with CALA procedures and internal controls including preparing the business for continued expansion
- To regularly evaluate the operation of processes and controls and to identify and action process improvements and efficiencies
- Setting and monitoring of key performance indicators for the accounts payable team and ensuring the team output is of a high quality
- Training and development of individuals, including identifying and supporting ongoing development as well as setting objectives and carrying out annual PDRs
- Ability to proactively interact and work with a range of Finance Managers/Directors to resolve issues and ensure reporting deadlines are met
The ideal candidate for the role will currently be working within the Big 4, circa. 3yrs PQE, and operating at either an Assistant Manager or Manager level. Those working within a mid-tier firm will also be considered, provided you have had suitable exposure to entities of a similar size and scale to that of Cala. As the Group continues to expand, the role itself will evolve accordingly and is therefore paramount that applicants come with the level of drive and ambition required, that will allow your own career to evolve within the business.
CALA continue to be seen as an employer of choice, and for good reason. For this reason alone, we are looking for suitable applicants of the very highest calibre, who can demonstrate their capability and strength in the following key areas:
- Qualified Accountant with strong and current IFRS/ FRS101 experience
- Experience of consolidated statutory accounts
- Knowledgeable in all accounts processes up to and including trial balance
- Strong IT skills, willing and able to drive and implement change
- Experience of managing individuals and motivating teams
- Experience of working to tight deadlines Proven track record of implementing process improvements to achieve efficiencies
- Assertive and strong communicator, with strong interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated with a ‘can-do’ attitude
- Strong organisational skills
In return, the successful candidate will receive what can only be described as an extremely attractive remuneration package, which is hard to beat. You will also be joining a company who continue to go from strength to strength and can offer continued opportunities for career development.
As retained advisors to this role, all applications will be managed by Ross Gunn
If you have the above experience and would like to apply for the role then please click here to be taken to the vacancy