Head of Risk Oversight – UK Wide
Change Recruitment and Schroders Personal Wealth have partnered to grow a transformative team across the UK. Schroders Personal Wealth combines over 400 years of expertise from two leading British companies – partnering to bring financial planning services to more people in the UK.
Through their growth, they are looking for a Head of Risk Oversight to lead the formulation and delivery of strategies, policies, and processes to identify risks, challenge and advise business units on risk mitigation.
Working across various lines of business, you will be responsible for influencing key stakeholders, leading a team, and driving the strategic planning and business decision making of the function .
As the Head of Risk Oversight, you will be leading Regulatory and Operational Risk promoting a client centric culture focused on providing an effective risk strategy, policy, and oversight. Reporting to the Chief Risk Officer, the Head of Risk will be providing leadership and business unit oversight to their team.
- Leading independent oversight and assurance of the effectiveness of risk management across the business
- Driving risk governance and providing accurate, timely and actionable reporting to CRO, Executive Risk Committee, Board, and Audit
- Leading regulatory relationships with FCA & ICO accordingly
- Strategically implementing and leading a regulatory culture throughout the business
- Leading and managing a team of risk professionals while enhancing permanence and development
- 10+ years Operational Risk experience within Financial Services
- 5+ years’ experience leading high performing teams
- In depth knowledge and understanding of regulatory requirements and the impact on Wealth and Asset Management
- Proven experience operating effectively at senior management or executive level, including the ability to influence key stakeholders and challenge robustness of activities to manage and mitigate risk
- Strong track record of building and maintaining relationships across internal and external lines of business and business partners
If you are interested in this prestigious opportunity, please click here to apply for the vacancy.