Change Recruitment are supporting the recruitment of an Assistant Accountant on a permanent basis for our Edinburgh based client with hybrid and flexible working.
Reporting to the Shared Service Centre (SSC) Accountant you’ll be responsible for preparing entity level month-end reporting, compliance activities and supporting daily finance operations of the companies within the Group.
If you’d be interested in joining a forward-thinking business in the thriving renewables sector with opportunities to further develop your skill set whilst supporting your team and company during a key stage of growth, you would be encouraged to apply.
A salary range of circa 35k – 38k and a comprehensive benefits package including private healthcare, dental, bonus scheme and generous leave allowance.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Preparing month-end reporting, including posting month-end journals, managing all accounting transaction & cost centre reporting
- Performing daily finance and month-end activities to timescale
- Producing monthly balance sheet and income statement reconciliations and analysis
- Supporting the preparation of budget and forecasts
- Responding and assisting with queries raised by internal and external stakeholders
- Ensuring accounts are processed quickly, accurately and within agreed SLAs
- Ensuring compliance and adherence with controls for internal finance policies and procedures
- Computing and preparing compliance submissions e.g. VAT, corporation tax, withholding tax & national statistics
- Supporting M&A integration and ensure embedded in business as usual processes
- Supporting the timely preparation of statutory accounts and liaising with auditors as necessary
- Other ad-hoc tasks as required
Key skills and experience you will ideally have:
- 3+ years of experience working within Finance / Accounting
- Part-Qualified Accountant (ACCA, CIMA, ICAS)
- Experience in technical accounting and good knowledge of statutory and operational accounting
- Advanced Excel skills
- Experience dealing with multiple currencies
- Understanding of cost allocation principles, accounting procedures and processes
- Knowledge of UK accounting practices and the regulatory environment
- UK Tax knowledge (desirable)
If you’ve got skills in experience in most or all of the above and think you’d be a great fit for the role we’d love to hear from you.
If you’d like to apply or find out more, please get in touch and/or send your CV at the earliest opportunity to email@example.com.