|22 days ago
|06 Jun 2024 00:59
Finance Assistant l Edinburgh l 24k l Hybrid l Permanent
Change Recruitment Group are supporting the recruitment of a Finance Assistant in Edinburgh with hybrid working. Reporting to the Finance Manager, you will play a pivotal role in providing essential support to the Finance Manager and Assistant Management Accountant.
This position encompasses financial processing, maintenance of purchase and sales ledgers, support with period-end adjustments and reconciliations, and involvement in banking activities and transaction recording.
If you are a proactive and detail-oriented individual with a passion for finance and business services, you would be encouraged to apply.
Package: £24,275 starting salary, 36.5 days holiday, hybrid working and 27.9% employer pension contribution.
- Post invoices to the ledgers, matching them to purchase orders and obtaining necessary authorisations.
- Assist in reconciling supplier statements with ledgers.
- Set up and manage supplier and customer accounts.
- Monitor the finance incoming email box, ensuring timely and appropriate correspondence handling.
- Assist in allocating incoming payments, recording cheques, and bank transactions.
- Collaborate with property managing agents for income and transaction identification.
- Set up new properties.
- Address queries from suppliers, customers, and colleagues, providing support for PO raising and administration.
- Assist in the regular review and maintenance of outstanding purchase orders.
- Set up purchase orders to cover absence within the Business support team.
- Perform other tasks as required to support transaction activity and banking.
- Ensure all incoming invoices are appropriately addressed.
- Maintain and close purchase orders as required.
- Record invoices on the ledger with appropriate approvals in a timely manner.
- Monitor and action the finance inbox promptly.
- Update the ledger accurately and timely for all payments and receipts.
Key skills and experience:
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and financial accounting systems.
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to produce high-quality work.
- Take personal responsibility and accountability.
- Comfortable with technology, willing to learn and assist colleagues with day-to-day matters.
- Recent relevant experience in financial processing and support in a professional environment.
- Recent relevant experience in a property or property-related business is desirable.
If you’d like to apply or find out more, please get in touch and/or send your CV at the earliest opportunity to firstname.lastname@example.org.