Change Public Practice are working with a Scottish Chartered Accountancy firm based in Edinburgh city centre to assist them in the recruitment of a Qualified Accountant to join the firm as an Accounts Senior due to expansion of the business amid a period of continued growth.
The firm are well known in the local market for their support & development of staff at all levels and are keen to grow their own future senior leadership team. As a business, they are very value driven with the staff and clients at the heart of everything that they do. Furthermore, the business is a genuinely great place to work, with a sociable & vibrant team, which offers a hybrid working model and flexibility in hours.
This is an exciting role for someone looking to take a step up since qualifying and will allow you to work with a portfolio of clients to build & maintain a strong working relationship and act at the point of contact for all matters.
Responsibilities will include:
· Providing accountancy services to a high standard in order to meet the requirements of the clients and to exceed clients’ expectations
· Preparing annual and management accounts in addition to ad hoc tax computation preparation as required
· Work closely with Management to support and develop the accounts team including coaching and mentoring junior members of staff
· Managing your own portfolio of clients which will include a significant amount of client contact
· You will be a Qualified Accountant i.e. ACCA / ICAS or Qualified by Experience
· You will have experience of working in an accountancy firm environment i.e. Top 10, Mid-Tier CA, Independent CA firm and have an understanding of client deadlines
· Must have strong technical accounting skills to be able to hit the ground running
· You will be eager to manage a portfolio of clients, to develop existing relationships and build new ones
· Previous experience to IRIS, Xero and Receiptbank would be advantageous. Experience of Quickbooks would also be considered.
If you are keen to speak about this opportunity and the development prospects in further detail please click apply or contact me on Johanne.Smith@changerecruitmentgroup.com