Change Accountancy are partnering with an established name within Fintech, based in Edinburgh, to recruit a Financial Controller. As the business goes through an exciting period of change, both externally and internally in their reporting, they are looking to hire a qualified accountant who can take a lead on this.
The role will be responsible for a team, covering month end close and working with the business to own relationships to ensure this process is as smooth as possible, as well as seeking opportunities to enhance this. As the role develops, the holder will get the chance to be involved in a number of projects.
Our client is looking for a qualified accountant with experience taking a lead in month end close and building relationships across a business. Strong commerciality is key along with balancing this with delivery of reporting and controls activity. Core duties include;
- Taking a lead in working with the business to prepare and produce month end accounts with commentary and analysis
- Lead in month end accounts delivery with a focus internal and external reporting
- Balance sheet review and commentary, picking up with a range of operational stakeholders to understand movements
- Lead on value add insight and identifying areas of improvement
- Confident reviewing the work of others and coaching team members
- Lead in various projects and transformation activity as required
The role will give the successful applicant a chance to progress their career in potentially a new sector or who has a grounding in Financial Services, Industry or Public Practice, lead a team and work in a business that embraces continuous improvement. Our client would welcome applications from established professionals with core controls and reporting experience, looking to develop, as well as individuals making their first move in to the industry from either public practice or industry. Ambitious and driven, the role will suit someone seeking a high profile and visible role in a leading UK business with strong values and customer purpose.
In return the client offers a market leading compensation, which has recently been benchmarked, and long term career progression in a number of business areas.
Salary: £50,000 - £65,000 + Excellent Cash Benefits and bonus potential