Change Accountancy and Finance are working on an exclusive basis with a high growth professional services firm. Based in the centre of Glasgow, our client is looking to recruit a Financial Controller to their team. Leading the finance department, the individual will be responsible for working closely with the Chief Executive and wider management committee to not just report on financials, but take a real lead in the narrative and aid in decision making for the business.
The client has experienced significant growth and sees this role as an opportunity to aid in further acquisitions, as well as ensuring that the business is fit for future growth and opportunities that this presents. Developing month end narrative and establishing relationships with key stakeholders will be essential and will be looked for in applicants, as well as a solid grounding in month end close and reporting.
Key duties of the role will include;
- Lead for Finance and working with the operational leadership team to drive continued business success and growth
- Responsible for leading on month end close. Producing management accounts and ensuring the integrity of the ledger for close
- Development of key messages for exec review. Working hand in hand with business areas to understand key trends, whilst ensuring insight and visibility around performance
- Responsible for the budget setting process. Creating a robust plan for the financial year and reviewing this on a monthly basis with department holders.
- Embracing technology to enhance outputs and its reach in to the business.
- Assisting in M&A activity, as required, working closely with the Chief Executive and wider business to validate financials
- Working with the wider business on activities such as tender assessments, and walking through with the business the financial impacts
- Demonstrating financial acumen to non financial activity to mitigate and identify opportunities and risks
Key for this role will be balancing the reporting of financials on a monthly and period basis, with the skill to work with the business and identify key drivers to performance. Applicants with a background in business partnering and core reporting within financial services or commercial business will be welcomed, with the ability to take on and enhance this role. A recognised qualification within accountancy is also requested.
In return the successful applicant will join an expanding business with exciting plans for the future, which this role will be a key part of and scope to progress their own career. Strong benefits and a hybrid working pattern are available.
Salary: £55,000 - £65,000