Change Accountancy and Finance are partnering with a global services provider, based in Edinburgh, to recruit a Financial Controller / Finance Lead to their team in Edinburgh. A wide ranging role covering month end reporting and consolidation, as well as budgeting and forecasting activity, the successful applicant will be expected to develop the role further and partner global stakeholders.
Working as part of a shared service function, the role will face off to global stakeholders and lead on month end reporting for their business unit and team. Global experience would be of benefit for the role or being able to demonstrate a knowledge of a large scale business and the accounting treatments that come with consolidating numbers. Key duties will include;
- Leading a team in the delivery of month end financials
- Production of consolidated management accounts, highlighting key movements and performance indicators
- Oversight of postings and adjustments for the team, ensuring ledger sign off at month end
- Sign off of profit and loss statements produced by team members
- Review of intercompany accounting for group companies as part of consolidation
- Lead on budget setting and forecasting for central functions
- Developing key metrics for the business, discussing these on a monthly basis
- Taking a key role in finance projects and leading for the team
Applicants will be able to show a confidence around month end reporting and balance sheet consolidation, as well as being able to interact with the business around key movements and review of their financials. Additionally, having past team management would be of benefit or have been in a review and challenge capacity in previous positions.
In return, the successful applicant will join a large scale business that is evolving its finance department and how it interacts with its stakeholders on a global basis.
Salary – base to £70,000 + benefits