Change Financial Services are partnering with a Financial Services client to recruit a Finance Business Partner to their team in Edinburgh. The role will have a global remit and be responsible for partnering business change teams across a range of projects, taking responsibility for budgeting and reporting on spend.
Our client is a market leader in a range of products which it offers to customers and is experiencing a period of change across a number of business areas. An exciting time for the business, they are looking to add a commercially minded senior business partner to their team to take a lead in both business case analysis and creating meaningful MI to support the business in their decision making process.
The role will working closely with teams in Technology and Business Change, and play and active part in discussions on program spend, benefit realisation and ongoing performance trending, as a result being able to show a commercial awareness and approach to working with stakeholders is key. Core duties of the role will include;
- Leading a small team in the ongoing engagement across a range of programmes
- Preparation of monthly reporting packs covering; product performance, variance to budgets, analysis of key metrics
- Confident with the various stages of the project lifecycle and the spend analysis to ‘go live’
- Working closely with the business to assess new business cases
- Critical insight to spend versus cost analysis against a range of products
- Taking a lead role in preparing and reviewing budgets and forecasts
- Comfortable reviewing balance sheet metrics
- Engagement with a wide range of product SME’s across the business
Applicants will be able to show a level of commercial awareness in past roles and discuss this at interview as well as performing this in a business change and or project setting. Past business partnering experience is key, ideally with technology teams or wider projects, whether in a financial services or blue chip organisation, where your able to show that edge and confidence with numbers when presenting and partnering non finance professionals.
In return the successful applicant will have a significant role in shaping the messaging and metric reporting for the business, as well as guiding a team in partnering across a range of exciting and an evolving project slate.
Salary: £70,000- £85,000 + Excellent compensation package