Change Financial Services are working with a leading professional services client to hire a Treasury Accountant to their team. As this area of the business continues to expand, the range of duties undertaken by the individual will develop covering elements of treasury accounting, hedge accounting and wider reporting and analysis.
Applicants will have a solid grasp of balance sheet accounting and financial statements to be able to apply this to financial instruments and how financial markets can impact on these. Interested in finding out more, the key duties of the role will include;
- Responsible for hedge accounting treatment for treasury instruments
- Solid understanding of the balance sheet and P&L in order to track and report on relevant movements
- Responsible for monthly reporting and analysis
- Presentation of metrics, including volatility of movements, to senior management
- Comfortable working with data to inform decision making
Applicants for the role will either have a background in hedge accounting or treasury accounting or come from a control and reporting position with a degree of technical accounting or reporting under IFRS. Deeper technical knowledge and the understanding of elements such as market volatility, derivative financial instruments and interest rate derivatives will be developed in the role, but an interest in this area and a willingness to learn will be essential to success.
In return the role offers someone the opportunity to develop a deeper skill set or take a core reporting and controls understanding and progress this in a leading professional services organisation, with a real global presence, which will give exposure to a range of issues.
Salary: £50,000 - DOE + Strong benefits and hybrid working