Forecasting Manager – Capital & Impairments
Edinburgh/South West England/Hybrid
Manager salary and benefits package including car allowance, pension and annual bonus
Change Recruitment are working with an innovative, dynamic Financial Services client with offices based in Edinburgh and the South West who are looking to recruit a Forecasting Manager – Capital & Impairments
Do you have an in-depth knowledge and understanding (or interest) in the production of Capital and Impairment forecasts and stress tests?
In this position, you will manage a small team of Analysts who help in the development of the underlying forecasting/stress testing models for this firms lending portfolios.
This is a fantastic opportunity within this household name and they are committed to investing in a dynamic individual with a Forecasting/Capital/Impairments/IFRS9 background (who is seeking a move to Manager level OR an experienced Manager from a Forecasting/Modelling/Validation/Portfolio Management background who is seeking to broaden their experience in this Capital & Impairment Forecasting function
- Manage the development and maintenance of forecasting models.
- Manage the production of Capital and Impairment forecasts to support business planning and regulatory activities.
- Ensure appropriate controls are embedded and executed.
- Provide analysis and insight across the wider Credit Risk team in support of growth initiatives and financial planning.
- Support Finance and Treasury as required throughout the forecasting process.
- Contribute to the Risk function through embedding and sharing best practice techniques and collaborate to achieve success for the wider team.
- Line management of analysts ensuring their development is aligned to their personal objectives and those of the bank.
- Support Capital and Impairment Cross-product activities.
Required skills/ experience:
- Experience in calculating or forecasting Capital and Impairment metrics in Retail banking.
- Highly numerate and a logical thinker and hold a relevant degree, ideally with experience in econometric modelling.
- Strong problem-solving skills with an ability to present to a variety of stakeholders.
- Proficient programming skills, for example SAS/SQL and VBA/Excel.
- Good knowledge of Basel principles and IFRS9.
- Experience managing and developing a small team of analysts
Contact Scott Maxwell on either 07974 065745 or email@example.com or apply online