Change Accountancy and Finance are partnering an established tech company who are going through the next stage of their growth. Seeking to appoint an accountant, the role will take a lead in developing how finance interact and partner with the wider business as they continue to expand.
The business are looking for a recently qualified or 2/3 years post qualifying experience accountant with a real commercial mindset who will take on the role and make it their own, using past experience to demonstrate their interpersonal skills, bringing this to their team.
A busy role with a range of duties from, being hands on in developing budgets and monitoring spend to assisting in a range of month end duties including financial statements preparation. Applicants will work closely with senior stakeholders and present on a monthly basis the businesses performance, building a network to ensure effective controls and commentary are in place. With a wide range of responsibility, the successful applicant will have autonomy and control over their work as well as engaging with a broad range of stakeholders.
Core duties of the role will include;
- Development of budget process and working with the business to set in place financials
- Monthly monitoring and review of costs and performance to plan
- Review of balance sheet items and working closely with the business to resolve queries
- Monthly commentary and analysis of a range of key performance indicators, developing these with heads of as the business evolves
- Partnering key business stakeholders to assist in commentary and analysis of the balance sheet and items within
- Take a lead role in key projects within the team to drive process improvement
- Building a number of relationships across finance and other operational business areas
Applicants for the role will be either qualified or finalist level and be able to bring a solid controls and reporting background or have made their first move in to a industry or their next step in their career. reporting post and now be looking for their next challenge. Key for the role is a confidence engaging with the business to discuss and review financial movements and create narrative to this and shaping the role as it evolves.
In return the successful applicant will get the opportunity to join an expanding business in Glasgow as well as longer term career progression.
Salary: £48,000 - £54,000 + benefits