Change Financial Services are partnering with a leading household name to recruit an experienced financial control and reporting manager to their team, on a part time basis. Responsible for oversight of month end reporting and control, the individual will lead a small team on a job share basis, with hybrid working available over the 3 days. Part time hours would be 20 – 24 per week to suit a schedule. Applicants will have a strong controls background and be confident working to engage stakeholders to validate figures, as well as adding narrative to the figures, this can be from either Financial Services or another sector. Wider duties will include the following;
- Lead month end close activity across your business area, with responsibility for balance sheet substantiation
- Daily review of movements on a daily basis, ensuring controls are robust and leading in review activity
- Working with the wider business to validate balances, acting as the point of review and escalation within the team
- Key point of contact with a range of stakeholders in finance and the wider business to query and give SME knowledge
- Creation of month end pack to validate movements with commentary and analysis for senior stakeholder review
- Responsible for coaching and development of team
- Active in process review and enhancement, with a view to automation and streamlining where possible
Experience leading teams in a matrix environment is important for the role, as well as a solid grounding within Financial Control and Reporting, which involves ledger close across multiple teams. Excellent interpersonal skills are a must coupled with a proactive attitude towards enhancing processes and automating where possible.
In return the role offers a great chance to remain in a senior position within the business, leading a team with visibility across a range of areas. The client offers hybrid working and will accommodate a flexible working pattern to suit the role holder.
Salary: £60,000 - £80,000 – pro rata + excellent benefits and bonus